New to the Optimod 6300:
• CBS Loudness Controller ensures compliance with the loudness control provisions of the CALM Act
• Features CBS Loudness Meter
• Support for Dolby dialnorm metadata allows easy match to Dolby Digital transmissions
• Contains presets for analog television broadcasts (allowing it to be substituted for the 8382)
This multipurpose stereo audio processor for digital audio broadcasting boasts a 20 kHz audio bandwidth and 48 kHz internal sample rate along with a stereo enhancer, AGC, equalizer, phase-linear multiband compressor/limiter with either two or five bands, two independent stereo look-ahead peak limiters and versatile signal routing to give you high quality, flexible performance in a variety of applications.
It offers the peak limiting option of either “flat” or preemphasis-aware at either 50 or 75 microseconds for preemphasized analog STL protection. For video applications, its CBS loudness controller can fix the volume of over-loud commercials. It provides steady processing even at low bit rates, making it ideal for HD Radio, digital satellite, and audio streaming applications.
Its three-band parametric equalizer's curves accurately emulate an analog parametric equalizer, while its parametric low-frequency shelving equalizer with 6, 12, or 18 dB/octave slopes lets you add bass punch without muddiness. All its filters and equalizers use 48-bit fixed-point arithmetic to ensure excellent linearity and low noise. Its low-IM look-ahead limiter can be combined with its multiband compressor and equalizer to make masters that are competitively loud and perfectly tailored for any program material being processed.
With its versatile signal routing, the 6300 can work as a combined studio AGC, digital radio/digital television/netcast processor, and low-delay talent headphone processor. It is fully compatible with earlier Optimod models and all proposed IBOC, DAB and Radio Mondial systems.
Orban Optimod 6300 Features:
• 20 kHz audio bandwidth
• 48 kHz internal sample rate
• Comprehensive peak limiting
• CBS Loudness Controller
• PreCode technology minimizes audible artifacts in low bitrate codecs
• Plug and play processing at low bit rates
• Automatically synchronize presets at the studio and transmitter
• Multiband compressor/limiter with soft knee and compression ratio controls
• Three-band parametric equalizer
• Parametric low-frequency shelving equalizer with 6, 12, or 18 dB/octave slopes